Course Content: Importance of safety and general precautions, Importance of
lettering, writing of letters and figures sizes, proportion, etc. as per IS code,
Geometrical drawing-definition, construction of plain geometrical figures, Principles,
representation and construction of different types of scales, Definition and types of
projections. Methods of projection as per IS, Principle of Isometric & Axonometric
projection, Perspective projection, Building materials, surveying, Box drawing
instrument, Field book types - methods of entry of check lines – its importance, Road:
Introduction to roads, general principles of alignment, Indian railways – their gauges,
Bridge:- introduction to bridge, introduction of water resources, engineering, Flooring,
Masonry tools:, Details of different bonding wall and section according to IS,
Introduction to theodolite, temporary adjustment of theodolite, Residential building.
Principles of planning, Building Estimating, Familiarization with word processing
software, CAD commands and use of different menus of CAD , Drafting, layout and
printing of drawing, Architectural Desk top and creating modeling, Project work
Isometric view, perspective view; Light tracing, copying, valuation of new and old
1. Use and maintain in good condition- drawing instruments, Planimeter, slide rule,
survey instruments, auto level , digital theodolite , total station, GPS, computer &
draft software, plotter& printer etc.
2. Plan and draw residential buildings from given data
3. Prepare working drawings of all types of buildings from line sketches in CAD
4. Plan, draw, and do estimation and costing of civil work, drawing plans by using
CAD, Making of 3D models of civil work, Giving lineout at site supervision of civil
5. Prepare proposals for drainages and water supply for a given building including
preparation of detailed drawings.
6. Plot the longitudinal section and cross-section for any proposed road and calculate
the earth work and materials for road work.
7. Draw the parts of R.C.C. structures and steel sections and prepare working drawing
of R.C.C. structures from given field data
8. Draw from sketches or specifications various types and cross-section of roads
culverts, bridges Railways & irrigation structures in CAD
9. Carry out the surveying by using latest equipments.(Auto level, Digital theodolite,
Total station, GPS )
Options for employment are: Employment opportunities for trainees from this trade
shall be available in Central and State Government Departments as a Draughtsman or
Surveyor, Ammonia Printer in Railways, C.P.W.D., Military, TCP, P.D.A., P.W.D.
Departments of Irrigation, and Land Survey. In Private sector opportunities shall be as
Draughtsman, Construction Supervisor working under Architect, Civil Engineer, and
Options for self-employment are: The Trainees shall be able to independently
undertake planning, drawing, estimation & costing and supervision of civil
construction work. They can set up his own shop to supply Civil Construction